- Kitchen Garden Open Days
- Open Garden Squares
- Behind the Aria
- Open Air Theatre - Gulliver's Travels
- Open Air Theatre - A Little of What You Fancy!
- Open Air Cinema - West Side Story
- Open Air Cinema - The Commitments
- 2013 Events Archive
2012 Events Archive
- Camellia Festival 2012
- Gardening with Camellias
- Camellias Around the World
- A History of Burlington House
- The English Flower Garden
- May Fayre
- Restoration Drama at Chiswick
- Friends Summer Opera - Gala Evening
- Friends Summer Opera - Madam Butterfly
- The Queen's Beasts
- Chiswick Horticultural Society’s Children’s Show
- House Festival 2012
- Open Air Theatre
- An Ideal Husband - Oscar Wilde
- Hansel and Gretel
- Kitchen Garden Produce Sale
- Pride and Prejudice
- The Blues Brothers
- Kitchen Garden Sale
- Michael Palin: From Brazil to The Truth
- Open House London 2012
- Chiswick House Gardens Dog Show 2012
- Janiculum Concert
- 2011 Events Archive
- 2010 Events Archive
- 2009 Events Archive
Jennifer Trehane Lecture - Gardening with Camellias
The Trehane family have been associated with camellias for generations and are widely recognised as experts. Since the 1950s, they have been at the forefront of the international camellia industry. It was grandfather Trehane who introduced the Williamsii hybrids to this country and helped camellias to become popular as an everyday garden plant.
Jennifer Trehane, his daughter, is a world authority on their cultivation and has published two books on the subject.
Jennifer will be offering a talk every Wednesday throughout the Festival on two fascinating subjects.
The day will begin with a private viewing of the Camellia Collection in the Conservatory followed by the talk with an opportunity for questions and answers in the Back Sheds.
Gardening With Camellias, Wednesday 22 February & 7 March 2012
9.30am - 12noon
How did camellias move from the glasshouses of the rich to our gardens? Look at the adjustments to climate, soil & varieties including reasons for both success and failure.
Tickets are £20.00 and must be pre-booked. Please call 020 8742 3905 to reserve your place. See the download on the right for full details.
Camellias Around the World, Wednesday 29 February & 14 March 2012
This talk traces camellias from their various wild origins to gardens in hot, cold, & temperate climates and the techniques, problems & solutions to grow them. How different countries treat camellias - pruning, propagating, exhibiting & comparisons with the UK - please see separate listing linked on right.