- Kitchen Garden Open Days
- Behind the Aria
- Open Air Theatre - Gulliver's Travels
- Open Air Theatre - A Little of What You Fancy!
- Open Air Cinema - West Side Story
- Open Air Cinema - The Commitments
- 2013 Events Archive
2012 Events Archive
- Camellia Festival 2012
- Gardening with Camellias
- Camellias Around the World
- A History of Burlington House
- The English Flower Garden
- May Fayre
- Restoration Drama at Chiswick
- Friends Summer Opera - Gala Evening
- Friends Summer Opera - Madam Butterfly
- The Queen's Beasts
- Chiswick Horticultural Society’s Children’s Show
- House Festival 2012
- Open Air Theatre
- An Ideal Husband - Oscar Wilde
- Hansel and Gretel
- Kitchen Garden Produce Sale
- Pride and Prejudice
- The Blues Brothers
- Kitchen Garden Sale
- Michael Palin: From Brazil to The Truth
- Open House London 2012
- Chiswick House Gardens Dog Show 2012
- Janiculum Concert
- 2011 Events Archive
- 2010 Events Archive
- 2009 Events Archive
Hansel and Gretel
Thursday 19 July, 6.30pm in the Walled Garden
London Touring Theatre
***This event will take place outside, whatever the weather!***
Hansel and Gretel in one of the most famous fairytales of all time. This production uses puppetry, movement and instantly memorable and enchanting music to bring the forest and its inhabitants to life in a fresh, exciting and magical way that people of all ages will enjoy (may be a bit scary for some of the very youngest audience members but the ending is happy!)
- Gates open at 6pm – performance 6.30pm
- Running time approx 2 hours including interval
- Tickets Adults £15, Children £7 and family £41 (2 adults & 2 children)
- Exclusive: Children’s creative workshops before the show on puppetry and gingerbread making (tickets £8 numbers are limited – 5pm)
Available via Ticketweb (link on right)
24hr booking hotline 08444 771 000
Pre Show Children's Workshops
Puppetry and Gingerbread House Making
This year we will also be offering 2 workshops; a puppetry workshop and gingerbread house making workshop before the show. Giving audience members (of any age!) a chance to meet the actors and see how the magic of the show is created using puppetry and movement and get a chance to learn some basic puppetry skills or making delicious treats!
Workshops runs from 5.30pm - 6.10pm .
What better way to spend a beautiful summer evening than by joining Hansel and Gretel in one of the most famous fairytales of all time. The audience joins the siblings as they venture on an unwanted trek into the woods and follows their challenge to outwit their desperate Step-mother and the Witch in the woods; both of whom threaten their return home to their loving father. This production uses puppetry, movement and instantly memorable music to bring the forest and its inhabitants to life in a fresh, exciting and magical way.
The Wicked Witch, with her enchanting home that entices the children to her intended fate for them may be a bit scary for some of the very youngest audience members but the ending is happy and the use of interesting theatrical techniques including puppetry and movement bring all the fun and magic of the characters to life in a way that people of all ages will enjoy and cherish. Hansel and Gretel is a brilliant way for the whole family to enjoy the thrill and charm of this classic work that has so much contemporary appeal.
An open air setting is perfect for this tale of adventure, hope and a child's ability to face adversity and outsmart even the most frightening of adversaries.
This will truly be a feast for the eyes, ears, hearts and minds of any audience.
This page can be found in the following news feeds