- Kitchen Garden Open Days
- Behind the Aria
- Open Air Theatre - Gulliver's Travels
- Open Air Theatre - A Little of What You Fancy!
- Open Air Cinema - West Side Story
- Open Air Cinema - The Commitments
- 2013 Events Archive
2012 Events Archive
- Camellia Festival 2012
- Gardening with Camellias
- Camellias Around the World
- A History of Burlington House
- The English Flower Garden
- May Fayre
- Restoration Drama at Chiswick
- Friends Summer Opera - Gala Evening
- Friends Summer Opera - Madam Butterfly
- The Queen's Beasts
- Chiswick Horticultural Society’s Children’s Show
- House Festival 2012
- Open Air Theatre
- An Ideal Husband - Oscar Wilde
- Hansel and Gretel
- Kitchen Garden Produce Sale
- Pride and Prejudice
- The Blues Brothers
- Kitchen Garden Sale
- Michael Palin: From Brazil to The Truth
- Open House London 2012
- Chiswick House Gardens Dog Show 2012
- Janiculum Concert
- 2011 Events Archive
- 2010 Events Archive
- 2009 Events Archive
Friends Summer Opera - Madam Butterfly
Madam Butterfly by Giacomo Puccini
Thursday 21 June 2012 - 7.30pm (Gates open at 6pm)
Chiswick House Friends present two nights of open-air opera in the beautiful gardens of Chiswick House performed by Opera Brava, a professional touring opera company. Now in its 25th year, the company has won the acclaim of critics and music professionals alike.
Puccini called 'Madam Butterfly' his favourite work, one he never tired of listening to in its entirety.
Madam Butterfly is the heart wrenching story of a beautiful young geisha who sacrifices her family, her religion and, ultimately, her life for her American husband. Butterfly is the young bride of Lieutenant Pinkerton, who buys Butterfly's love while stationed in Japan and with no intention of ever taking her home to America.
Opera Brava in their 25th anniversary year are delighted to be invited to return to perform Madam Butterfly. This exciting new production set in Japan with a magnificent international cast will leave you enthralled and moved with its incredible music.
Picnic All Evening
The entire rear of the House is reserved for ticket holders from 6pm. Set up your picnic and enjoy a magical evening.
Champagne, wine, water, picnic food and hot beverages can be purchased from Fuller's and the Company of Cooks' stalls.
Pre-ordered hampers are available to collect from the grounds on the night. Order forms will be sent with tickets or can be downloaded using the form on the right.
Available via tickewtweb (link on right)
Adult Tickets £28.00
Child Tickets £14.00 (16 years and under)
Information Line only 07979 205839
For further information visit the Friends' website (link on right)