- Temporary Closure - Oak Processionary Moth
- May Fayre Winners
- Chatsworth Attic Sale furnishings return to Chiswick House
- Peter Blake print for sale
- Camellia Festival Success
- CHISWICK HOUSE CLOSED TUE 12/3
- Artists Support Camellia Festival
- Chiswick House Camellia Festival 2013: Press Preview
- Venue Hire 2013/14
- Winter Walks
News Archive 2012
- New Trustees Appointed
- Camellia Festival 2012 - Press Pack
- Camellia Festival 2013
- Autumn Walks
- Royal Visit to Chiswick House Gardens
- Hounslow Volunteering Awards 2012
- Don't Miss The Queen's Beasts!
- May Fayre Fun!
- Watch Chiswick Camellias
- Chiswick Camellias on Gardeners' World
- Camellia Festival Visitor Success
- Sir Peter Blake helps launch Camellia Festival 2012
- Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
- Sound Checks At Chiswick
- House Closures 4-7 July
- Cafe closed 5 July
- New Staff at Chiswick House & Gardens
- Camellia Festival 2012
- News Archive 2011
- News Archive 2010
- News Archive 2009
- News Archive 2008
- News Archive 2007
- News Archive 2006
May Fayre Fun!
Chiswick House May Fayre 2012
Chiswick House Gardens transformed the Walled and Kitchen Gardens into a stage for May celebrations and family fun.
Just under a 1,000 families and children of all ages came out to enjoy the first sunny day for a month or more! The Trust staff wanted to thank all the wonderful entertainers, Vineyard School, Richmond for their wonderful Maypole dancing, the young Bollywood dancers from Hounslow and a variety of jugglers, circus skills 'workshop' performers and many more.
One of the highlights of the day was the wonderful Drayhorse Shires and carriage completely dressed and gleaming with a coachman attired in full livery. It was fantastic to see the grand Shire horses and carriage with the stunning backdrop of Chiswick House.
Company of Cooks served delicious seasonal food with risottos being cooked by their Chef in the open air and lots of scrumptious afternoon tea and cakes for all.
It was a chance to see behind the scenes in the Kitchen Garden, with lively composting talks and demonstrations, seed planting and a plant sale manned by the Chiswick House volunteers.
After such fantastic feedback, this is now set to be an annual event at Chiswick House Gardens. Next year's May Fayre has already been announced as Sunday 12th May 2013.
All funds raised on Sunday from ticket sales will help with the continued preservation of Chiswick House Gardens.
Some visitor comments left on the day:
'There was lots for the family to enjoy in a great setting'
'Great value and fun day out with loads of entertainment and activities'
'We loved dancing in front of lots of people!'
'Great fun, fantastic park'
'Lots to do and wonderful food and drink'
This page can be found in the following news feeds